Learning and Teaching Agreement
– New student and teacher agreements for each class are to be established upon, and modified by, the voluntary, reciprocal, consent of participating students and teachers. They can be amended, added to, or subtracted from by using the consensus process. They are subsidiary to, and under the authority of, this agreement.
– Students are here to learn, to teach, and to reciprocate the roles of student and teacher with one another. Students may schedule talks, debates, and other formal learning programs.
– The teaching body reserves the right to veto decisions of the student body if it is determined that they will detract from the school, and to unilaterally make changes to the General Living Learning and Teaching Agreement.
– Students are here to learn, to teach secondary classes, and to reciprocate the roles of student and teacher with one another. Students may schedule talks, debates, and other formal learning programs.
– Teachers are here to provide primary instruction in the philosophy of the school, to guide learning and student processes, and to coach students in their pursuit of the truth.
– The school shall consist of a formal structure with a teaching and student body, both accountable to the General Living Learning and Teaching Agreement
– The teaching body is internally governed by a separate document, and has the full autonomy to execute agreements, teach, and manage the affairs of the school in the manner it decides best.
– Inappropriate behavior is that which is purposefully aggrevating, insulting, conflictarian, or otherwise inconsiderate. We will aim at all times to be considerate toward one another.
– Interpersonal relationships, such as significant others, and as defined by those in the relationship, are to be respected, and are not to be interfered with or gotten between.
– The personal property of the school, and the bodies of its teachers, its staff, and its students are to be respected at all times.
– Nothing is to be done in the name of Ambiarchy Academy without the explicit consent of the teaching body of Ambiarchy Academy.
.- If someone breaks one of these rules, the teaching body of Ambiarchy Academy reserves the right to cancel the individual’s membership and remove them from the program.